District 7390 News and Events
May is Youth Service month in the world of Rotary.
I believe in the power of our Rotarians to have a positive impact on youth, and we do so in many ways.
We have Interact Clubs, which instill a sense of service in high school students.
We have Rotaract Clubs, an organization for people ages 18 to 30, which instills a sense of service in college-age people, and which provides an opportunity for networking with members of the sponsoring Rotary Club. We have established three new Rotaract Clubs this year!
We have Youth Exchange, which provides a unique opportunity for our youth to experience a foreign culture. This is a life-changing experience for the students and for the host families, many of whom make life-long friends. One of the members of my club still travels to Brazil to visit their exchange student.
We have Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, lead by the enthusiastic Gary Crissman, which provides a week long learning experience for the future leaders of our communities, business, our state, and nations.
We have the Four-Way Speech and Four-Way Essay contests which gives high school students the opportunity to earn scholarship money.
Many of our clubs sponsor “Student of the Month” programs for local high school students.
Several clubs have annual scholarship awards for deserving students so they can meet the high cost of continued education.
This is why I continue to believe in Rotary. We have such a tremendous impact on our future leaders. Well done, Rotarians.
It’s not too late to register for the district conference. Just click here! I hope to see you there.
Yours In Rotary Service,
John G. Kramb, DG 2015-16
The Four-Way Test (of the things we think, say or do):
- Is it TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and , in particular, to encourage and foster:
- First - the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- Second - High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- Third - The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his personal, business, and community life;
- Fourth - The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Showcase Rotary Event in Harrisburg
Appalachian Brewing CompanyMay 26, 2016
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Rotary International Convention
May 29, 2016 – Jun 01, 2016
YE Farewell Picnic
Country Club of YorkJun 05, 2016
Rotary Means Business
Wyndham Garden HotelJun 08, 2016
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Messiah CollegeJun 12, 2016 – Jun 16, 2016
District Governors Installation
Army Heritage CenterJun 25, 2016
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Grant Committee Meeting
Jul 11, 2016
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
YE - ESSEX 50th Anniversary Meeting
Red Lion HotelJul 22, 2016 – Jul 24, 2016
2015-16 Rotary Theme
2016-17 Rotary Theme