Short-Term Exchange Program
In a Summer Cultural Exchange, students spend three to six weeks in their host country visiting with another family and seeing another part of the world. The Short-term Exchange Program arranges for the student's family to host a matching student from another country in return. This program provides an excellent opportunity to experience a new culture in a brief period of time. Like the long-term exchange, the short-term exchange requires a sponsoring Rotary Club in each country, and students are selected on the basis of a written application and interview process.
Parents should be prepared to cover the cost of travel, health insurance and a few other costs for the STEP student. If this experience sounds like something you would like to learn more about contact a Rotarian in your local Rotary Club.
Candidates should complete an application and submit it their sponsoring Rotary Club. Remember - all applications MUST BE TYPED and signatures on the application MUST be in BLUE INK. The sponsoring Rotary Club will hold an interview and, if appropriate, send you to the District Interviews on November 12, 2016. If you pass the District Interviews, you will be off to a MANDATORY Outbound Training session on March 7, 2017.
Parents of an outbound STEP student must be cleared to host the Inbound STEP student prior to viewing the Inbound STEP student’s application and prior to District sending the outbound STEP students application to ESSEX. Click here to complete a host family application.
- October 14, 2016 - ALL STEP Applications due to the District Office!
WHAT SHOULD I SUBMIT WITH MY APPLICATION TO MY SPONSORING ROTARY CLUB?
- STEP Application - One copy with original signatures in blue ink, letters with signatures and all photos in color.
- A color photocopy of your passport
- Country Selection List (Top 3)
- Insurance Application and $76 check made payable to CISI-BOLDUC Insurance
- $75 Application Fee - Check made payable to Rotary District 7390 YEP
- $125 ESSEX Application Fee - Check made payable to ESSEX
- Signed STEP Rules
- Signed STEP Code of Conduct
SHORT-TERM EXCHANGE PROGRAM (STEP) Forms
- STEP Application
- STEP Possible Country Selection
- STEP Insurance Brochure & Application
- STEP Instructions
- Student Protection Policy
- STEP Rules
- STEP Code of Conduct
- STEP Expenses & Anticipated Costs
- Tzell Park Avenue Travel Information
- First Night Questions
- District 7390 Governor - Kevin Cogan, 717-609-7770, email@example.com
- District 7390 Governor Elect - Una Martone, 717-599-1783, [email protected]
- District 7390 Governor Nominee - John May, 717-649-2053, [email protected]
- District 7390 Student Protection Officer - Tod Kline, 717-657-5117, [email protected]
- District 7930 Youth Exchange Chair - Linda Spotts, (W)717-920-5250, (H)717-652-7548,[email protected]
- ESSEX Student Protection Officer - Ron Smith, (H) 610-277-7553, (C)215-896-6870, [email protected]
- US Department of State - 1-866-283-9090 or [email protected]